Arms industry/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- End user certificate : A document that certifies the ultimate recipient of military or dual-use goods being sold, and attests to compliance with all relevant international arms control agreements, as well as compliance with national policies of the sending and receiving nations, as well as any intermediate countries involved in the shipment
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.
- Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies : A voluntary international cooperation agreement to reduce the proliferation of weapons, both conventional and weapons of mass destruction
- Small arms : A firearm, for sporting or military use, intended to be carried and operated by a single person
- Artillery : Crew-served military devices for propelling payloads over distance
- Land mines : A destructive device used in land warfare, which waits passively for a target and then detonates due to some action or physical property of the target; in general usage, mines are purpose-built while improvised explosive devices are not