Balkh Province/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Balkh Province, or pages that link to Balkh Province or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Balkh Province. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdul Rashid Dostum : Afghan Uzbek warlord who had been the dominant figure in the north, although he may have gone into exile in Turkey
- Afghanistan War (2001-), major combat phase : During the Afghanistan War (2001-), the period of combat by Afghan ground forces, with U.S. and British air & special operations support, which drove the Taliban and al-Qaeda from their bases, in October through December 2001
- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Amu Darya River : A river of Central Asia, forming Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan and used extensively for irrigation
- Battle of Kunduz : A battle in northern Afghanistan in November 2001, the climax of the northern campaign, which involved numerous Taliban prisoner deaths, in a possible atrocity and in a prison revolt
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role
- Kunduz Province : A province of Afghanistan, bordered on the north by Tajikistan, on the east by Balkh Province, on the south by Baghlan Province and on the west by Takhar Province; Kunduz city is the capital
- Mazar-e-Sharif : Afghanistan's second-largest city, in its north
- Provinces of Afghanistan : There are 34 Provinces of Afghanistan.