Civil rights/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Civil rights, or pages that link to Civil rights or to this page or whose text .
- Human rights : Natural civil and political rights considered universal and applicable to all human beings worldwide.
- Civil society : The space for social activity outside the market, state and household; the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values.
- Civil rights movement : In the narrow construction, the U.S. movement to end segregation, beginning with the student lunch-counter sit-ins in the 1950s and ending with the passage of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965. In broader construction, the ongoing human rights and liberation movements for full civil rights for African Americans and other racial, ethnic, religious, gender, ability, life-style and other minorities. One of the characteristics of this latter sense is widespread disagreement on what to include in the movement (or exclude from it).
- Jim Crow : Add brief definition or description