Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, or pages that link to Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 or to this page or whose text .
- Federal Information Processing Standard : Add brief definition or description
- Information security : The set of policies and protective measures used to ensure appropriate confidentiality, integrity and availability to information; usually assumed to be information in a computer or telecommunications network but the principles extend to people and the physical world
- Confidentiality : Assurance that information will not be disclosed to unauthorized parties
- Integrity : In information security, the assurance that data retrieved from an information system has the same meaning as when it was entered
- Availability : In the context of providing an information service, the property that authorized users can depend on being able to use it whenever it is needed
- Auditing : Add brief definition or description
- Cloud computing : Use of computer networks, especially the Internet, to access computer resources, operated by a third party; access is on-demand and dynamically assigned — cloud computing differs from managed hosting with resources dedicated to users
- Virtual private network : The emulation of a private Wide Area Network (WAN) facility using IP facilities, including the public Internet or private IP backbones.
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.