Foreign internal defense/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Foreign internal defense, or pages that link to Foreign internal defense or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Foreign internal defense. Needs checking by a human.
- African Union : Continental organization, which succeeded the Organisation of African Unity on September 9, 1999.
- Agency for International Development : U.S. government agency responsible for nonmilitary foreign aid of goods, services, and certain finances, although it does not operate at the highest levels of international finance. May operate assistance and development programs in foreign countries
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Ambassador : An individual of the highest diplomatic rank, most commonly the representative of the head of state of his or her government to the head of state of the country to which the ambassador is accredited.
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam motivation : Psychological and political factors affecting the combat performance of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam
- Cellular telephony : A set of techniques that let many low-powered portable telephones connect to the fixed network, often exchanging data and images as well as voice
- Clandestine cell system : A method for organizing a group in such a way that it can more effectively resist penetration by an opposing organization.
- Clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action : Intelligence and military special operations functions that either should be completely secret (i.e., clandestine: the existence of which is not known outside the relevant government circles), or simply cannot be linked to the sponsor (i.e., covert: it is known that sabotage is taking place, but its sponsor is unknown).
- Commandant of the Marine Corps : Senior uniformed officer of the United States Marine Corps and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; responsible for doctrinal development, and preparing and training forces, for deployment to Unified Combatant Commands
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- Delta Force : A generally covert U.S. Army unit in Joint Special Operations Command, specializing in hostage rescue and combat search and rescue, direct action, special reconnaissance, and counterterrorism.
- Direct action (military) : Military attacks, usually by special operations forces on land, against specific, well-defined targets, often behind enemy lines.
- Donald Blackburn : (1916 - 2008) A U.S. Army officer specializing in insurgency, counterinsurgency and special operations before they were recognized as specialties.
- FID (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Foreign internal defense models : The models of insurgency and counterinsurgency that underlie U.S. foreign internal defense and foreign internal defense operations
- Foreign internal defense operations : Actions taken by U.S. personnel in support of a foreign internal defense grand strategy agreed to by the host nation and the U.S.
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- Human-source intelligence : (HUMINT); the practice of acquiring information through interactions with people who can disclose relevant information, including but not limited to espionage, interrogation, debriefing and elicitation
- Information operations : The integrated employment of the core capabilities of electronic warfare, computer network operations, psychological operations, military deception, and operations security.
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Joint Special Operations Command : A major subordinate unit of the United States Special Operations Command, which takes on the most sensitive covert military operations, usually working unacknowledged within the geographic area of a Unified Combatant Command
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force : The basic structure of United States Marine Corps combined arms, task-organized units
- Marine Special Operations Command : The Marine component of United States Special Operations Command, this unit absorbed the existing Marine special reconnaissance "Force Recon" companies (but not battalions), but also added a support organization, school, and a system of developing training teams for foreign internal defense and other special operations missions
- Military Assistance Command, Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Naval infantry : Add brief definition or description
- Nigeria : Add brief definition or description
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Philippines : Add brief definition or description
- Rules of engagement : Add brief definition or description
- Singapore : Add brief definition or description
- Smallpox : Add brief definition or description
- Special reconnaissance : Add brief definition or description
- Staff (military) : Add brief definition or description
- State : Add brief definition or description
- Strategic Hamlet Program : Add brief definition or description
- Swarming (military) : Add brief definition or description
- Transnational spillover from insurgency : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. advisers in the Vietnam War : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. foreign military assistance organizations : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence activities in Africa : Add brief definition or description
- Unconventional warfare (United States doctrine) : Add brief definition or description
- Unified Combatant Command : Add brief definition or description
- United States Army Special Forces : Add brief definition or description
- United States Marine Corps : Add brief definition or description
- United States Navy SEAL : Add brief definition or description
- United States Special Operations Command : Add brief definition or description
- Viet Cong : Add brief definition or description
- World Bank : Add brief definition or description