- I'm moving the following sections from the CZ_Talk:Computers_Workgroup to declutter it. This stuff was on the main page but seemed fairly inactive, so I've placed it here unless someone really really wants it back at a higher page level.Pat Palmer 00:51, 28 August 2007 (CDT)
archiving section titled "General things to know" for now
There probably are a few standards we should agree on, to make the articles within this workgroup more readable. One proposal was for defining a common Pseudocode to use.
- The above suggestion has not taken root, so I'm putting it here for now.Pat Palmer 00:02, 28 August 2007 (CDT)
archiving "Articles near completion" because all these have been deemed not yet ready
If you have an article which just needs a little bit of work until you think it is ready for approval, list it here with what you think is missing.
- Computer: Needs cleanup, some books as references, ...
- Linux: Just needs more "gripping prose," and to flow better (we're nerds not accomplished writers) --Eric M Gearhart
- Linux kernel: Same as Linux --Eric M Gearhart
- Buffer overflow: Just needs "third party" editor review. Article is near approval-ready --Eric M Gearhart
archiving "Needed articles" in favor of working on our existing articles at present
- The following was on the main page, I'm just saving it here if anyone wants to see it still.Pat Palmer 00:09, 28 August 2007 (CDT)
You can list here any Computers article or topic you think is really missing from Citizendium (or not good enough). Of course the best way is to just start it yourself.
- Theory of computation
- Computable function
- Computably enumerable function
- Lambda calculus
- Temporal logic
- Dynamic logic
- Computational complexity theory
- Algorithmic complexity theory (not to be confused with computational complexity theory)
- Halting problem
- Busy Beaver function
- Ackerman Function
- Recursive function
- Primitive recursive function
- Programming Language Theory
- Coding and Information Theory
- Data structures
- Neural Networks
archiving "Major Subtopics" here for now
- I'm attempting a redesign of the main workgroup page (saving older stuff here for now).Pat Palmer 00:11, 28 August 2007 (CDT)
(for internal organization once we are a bit bigger?)