From Citizendium
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is developing and not approved.
Main Article
Related Articles  [?]
Bibliography  [?]
External Links  [?]
Citable Version  [?]
To learn how to update the categories for this article, see here. To update categories, edit the metadata template.
 Definition A particular form of assonance in poetry, in which the syllable(s) at the end of one line have the same or similar sound as the syllable(s) at the end of another. [d] [e]
Checklist and Archives
 Workgroup category Literature [Editors asked to check categories]
 Talk Archive none  English language variant British English

Arabic and Chinese have traditional literary forms that I believe are usually called rhymed prose.

There's also a traditional Tamil form where there's a "rhyme" in the beginnings of lines listead of the ends. I don't know whether this is usually called rhyme. Peter Jackson 09:14, 25 October 2014 (UTC)