Wisconsin v. Yoder/Bibliography
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Byler, Uria R., School Bells Ringing: a Manual for Amish Teachers and Parents
- Erickson, Dobald A., The Plain People vs. the Common Schools in Saturday Review, November 19, 1966.
- Erickson, Donald A. (ed), Public Controls for Non-Public Schools (1969) Papers presented at an academic conference on State Regulation of Nonpublic Schools attended by members of state departments of education, legal experts, representatives of religious denominations, and university academics.
- Fisher, Sara E. and Rachel K. Stahl, The Amish School (1986). ISBN 0-934672-17-2
- Hostetler, John A., Children in Amish Society: Socialization and Community Education (1971)
- Hostetler, John A., Amish Children: Their Education in Family, School, and Community (1992)
- Keim, Albert M., Compulsory Educatoin and the Amish: the Right Not to be Modern (1975).
- Kraybill, Donald B. (ed), The Amish and theState (1993). Contains several articles on the education controversy.
- Lindholm, William C., The Amish Case: a Struggle for Control of Values in Controversies in Education ed. by Dwight W. Allen and Jeffrey C. Hecht (1974)
- Marshall, The Case Against the Constitutionally Compelled Free Exercise Exemption, 40 CASE W. RES. L. REV. 357 (1989-90)
- McConnel, M., The Origins and Historical Understanding of Free Exercise of Religion in Harvard Law Review 103 (April 1990)
- Peters, Shawn Francis, The Yoder Case: Religious Freedom, Education, and Parental Rights, University of Kansas Press, 2003. ISBN 0-7006-1273-4.
- Rodgers, Harrell R., Jr., Community Conflict, Public Opinion, and the Law: the Amish Dispute in Iowa (1969)
- Ruxin, Paul T., The Right Not to be Modern: the Amish and Compulsory Education in Virginia Law Review 53 (May 1967)
- Sanders, Thomas G., Protestant Concepts of Church and State (1964)
- Stoll, Joseph, Who Shall Educate Our Children (1965)